Job Title: Head of Emergency Management – Pakistan
Head of Emergency Management Jobs at AKDN March 2021
About Company: AKDN Pakistan (Aga Khan Agency for Habitat):
A new agency, the Aga Khan Agency for the Habitat (AKAH), works to ensure that people live in physical settings that are as safe as possible from the effects of natural disasters, that residents who do live in such high risk areas are able to cope with disasters in terms of preparedness and response, and that these settings provide access to social and financial services that lead to greater opportunities and a better quality of life. The new agency merges the activities of the Aga Khan Planning and Building Services, with its prize-winning water and sanitation programmes and low-cost habitat products, such as smoke-free stoves; the humanitarian arm of AKDN, FOCUS, which promotes disaster mitigation and resiliency and intervenes after disasters; the AKDN’s Disaster Risk Management Initiative, which focuses on disaster preparedness in remote areas; and the environment- and habitat-related activities of the Aga Khan Foundation, including the Prince Sadruddin Fund for the Environment and the Foundation’s highly regarded rural support programmes.
About Role/Job Purpose:
Head of Emergency Management Jobs at AKDN March 2021
- Develop the strategy for emergency management in consultation with AKAH Head of Emergency Management at global level.
- Plan and direct disaster response or crisis management activities, provide disaster preparedness training and prepare emergency plans and procedures for natural and urban accidental disasters at the national level. Oversee the implementation of emergency management activities and communicate progress at regular intervals to the CEO and Head Office.
- Prepare plans that outline operating procedures to be used in response to disasters or emergencies, such as floods, snow avalanches, earthquakes, building collapse in urban areas, and recovery from these events.
- Identify tasks (including assigning project activities), organization of work plans and resources required.
- Manage and prepare the budget to ensure that, annual projected plans are delivered within the budget and on time. This includes providing feedback and detailed analysis of budget variances and making recommendations for corrective actions.
- Design and administer training programmes to emergency management teams in regions, that would refresh their learning and inform them about new approaches in disaster risk management.
- Provide leadership and consult with national institutions, including hospitals, schools, and local governments, to determine their needs and to ensure facilitation of programs, in the event of natural or manmade disasters.
- Lead strategic conversations to build partnerships and linkages with agencies across AKDN, relevant NGOs/ INGOs, Community Institutions and Government Departments.
- Lead development of partnerships with organizations or institutions relevant to Emergency Management strategy in Pakistan. Ensure that needs of stakeholders internally and with communities are met efficiently and effectively while maintaining the mission, vision and values of AKAH.
- Oversee compliance of AKDN Safety Guidelines and managing the AKDN Safety Officer programme in coordination with the AKAH Head Office.
- Coordinate for preparedness programmes, which includes establishment of Community Emergency Response Teams, prepositioning and replenishment of non-food item stockpiles, preparation of designated emergency shelters and updating Village Disaster Management Plans.
- Coordinate an internal educational programme composed of standardized courses in Incident Command System, Workplace Safety, Medical First Response, Emergency Response Planning Community Emergency Response and Search & Rescue Team training.
- Take charge as Director Emergency Operation Centre (EOC) or Deputy Director EOC/ Section Chief, during an emergency.
- Ensure preparation of timely situational reports in emergencies, sharing them with the CEO and other lead response agencies, within the specified timeframe.
- Propose alteration of emergency response procedures based on regulatory changes, technological changes, or knowledge gained from outcomes of previous emergencies.
- Work to develop guidelines, protocols/evacuation plans, that employees or community will follow in the event of a disaster. Set these guidelines in place and educate those involved in them.
- Prepare disaster preparedness status reports that update about the preparedness / readiness levels of the head office and regional offices, to deal with a sudden disaster.
- Inspect facilities and equipment, such as emergency management centers and communications equipment, to determine their operational and functional capabilities in emergencies.
- Ensure that the disaster risk management programme reaches the highest standards of quality, by leveraging the experience and expertise of professionals from other agencies and/or other AKAH, P departments.
- The candidate must have a master’s degree from an accredited institution in emergency management, disaster risk management, natural hazards management, public health, social or environmental sciences, public administration, urban planning, engineering, or related field.
- Candidate having attained certifications in ICS (Incident Command System) at least up to level 200, or EOCM (Emergency Operation Centre Management within the last 2 years, will be given preference.
- At least fifteen years of full-time professional experience in one or a combination of the following: emergency management, fire or police services/ army, public safety, public administration, urban planning, engineering, or other specialized areas.
Submit Your Application Now for Head of Emergency Management – Pakistan Job
- UNICEF jobs | Upto date United Nation Jobs
- Travel Clerk Job | Consulate General Karachi – US Jobs 2023 latest
- Consulate General Karachi Jobs | Dispatcher Job at CGK 2023
- US Embassy | Islamabad Embassy Jobs in Pakistan Apply online
- United States Embassy job – 2023 Apply Online
- SICHN Jobs | Sindh Institute of Child Health & Neonatology Jobs – Karachi Pak
- Latest Directorate of Land Records jobs | Punjab Urban Land System 2023 jobs
- Primary And Secondary Healthcare Department Job | Latest Jobs 2023
- Jinnah Burn And Reconstructive Surgery Centre Job | Apply Online 2023
- Sweeper Jobs | Pak Govt Latest Jobs 2023
Subscribe to Search PK Jobs Newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter!
About Search PK Jobs:
We help connect candidates get their jobs quickly. Find thousands of latest jobs and apply today.
Wish you good luck with your future!