Manager IT Security
Location: Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan
Date of Posting: 01.05.2021
Closing Date: 15.05.2021
Manager IT Security | KE Pakistan-May 2021
Karachi Electric (KE):
K-Electric (KE) has powered Karachi for over one hundred years. Through a network spanning across 6,500 square kilometres, KE supplies power to all residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural areas that fall under the city’s ambit and beyond, serving over 2.5 million customers across Karachi, Dhabeji and Gharo in Sindh, and Uthal, Vinder and Bela in Balochistan.
KE is the only vertically-integrated power utility in Pakistan, which means the organisation manages all three key areas – Generation, Transmission and Distribution – of producing and delivering energy to consumers.
The Manager Information Security will play an integral role in planning and executing the organization’s information security projects. The incumbent will support in reinforcing the overall security posture of the organization through proactively coordinating security measures to monitor and protect systems as well as deal with the threat of cyber-attacks and data breaches. This position will function as a technical, engineering, and operational subject matter expert in the field of cybersecurity in cross-functional teams. This incumbent will develop security standards and best practices for the organization and recommend security enhancements to management as needed. This position will work closely with managers throughout the company, in order to assure a strong cyber-security system, fostering a culture of security.
Manager IT Security | KE Pakistan-May 2021
- Responsible for administrative, operational, management task and handle operational issues of security solutions like WAF, PAM, AMPS
- Lead root cause analysis and resolution of issues related to critical security incidents and breaches
- Promote and facilitate enterprise wide Information security awareness culture, including related staff training
- Keep current with emerging security alerts and issues related to deployed technologies as well as possible future change or enhancements. This includes proactive monitoring, identification of vulnerabilities, risk level and mitigation methods. Formulate and recommend related solutions.
- Collaborate with teams across organization for smooth delivery of projects, implementation of policies and security solutions
- Perform complex tasks on critical infrastructure, upgrades, security projects and infrastructure enhancements
- Provide support in the entire life cycle of technology solutions acquired by Cybersecurity team, including but not limited to budgetary, product demonstrations, cost benefit analysis, and service renewal agreements/contracts
- Driving security upgrades and patch installation for all network and server devices
- Performs in a team role as the expert/resource to accomplish high risk and/or high impact software, hardware, and firmware updates that affect operationally critical services
- Provide management of technology initiatives including creating comprehensive plans for achieving infrastructure project objectives
- Communicate with and advise management with respect to critical security events.
- Lead & conduct periodic cyber security centric business continuity & disaster recovery readiness
- Extensive experience managing operations in high velocity, high demand production environments.
- In-depth knowledge of security concepts such as cyber-attacks and techniques, threat vectors, risk management, incident management etc.
- Knowledge of various operating system flavors including but not limited to Windows, Linux, Unix
- Knowledge of applications, databases, middleware to address security threats against the same
- Experience in performing vendor management
- Ability to handle high pressure situations with key stakeholders
- Experience with ISO 27001 and development processes
- Enthusiastic for learning about latest trends in Cybersecurity to stay updated in constantly evolving and challenging environment
- Good analytical and critical thinking skills with eye for details
- Solid project management skill, with experience of working for multicultural environments
- Ability to lead teams with strong communication and coaching skills
- Ability to delegate/advise security responsibilities to relevant teams
- Efficient in relationships management
- Adept to meeting strict deadlines and prioritizing work
- Ability to communicate with Leadership and higher management
Submit Your Application Now
- Yes as a matter of fact I cross dress now. My dad’s saw me wear ladies clothes a little just finally said something about it before he passed.. he told me it was hard to tell what clothes are what of mine and said it’s too hard to tell what’s mine anymore
- Relationship Manager Job | Latest Jobs 2023
- Latest Universal Services Officer Job at MCB 2023
- Latest Career at MCB | Branch Manager Job 2023
- Finance and Accounts Job | Latest Jobs at NBP 2023
- Vacant Position Announced at National Bank of Pakistan | Latest Jobs 2023
- Latest Govt Resource Coordination Assistant (Grants) Job 2023
- Latest On Farm Water Management Specialist Job 2023
- Chief Internal Auditor Job | Latest Govt Jobs 2023
- Assistant Manager (Fleet) Job | Latest Jobs at NJP 2023
Subscribe to Search PK Jobs Newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter!
About Search PK Jobs:
We help connect candidates get their jobs quickly. Find thousands of latest jobs and apply today.
Wish you good luck with your future!